Coffee and Tea Facts:
- White tea has more antioxidants than green tea.
- White tea may help prevent obesity, inhibits growth of new fat cells.
- Green tea reduces risk of esophageal cancer in women by 60%.
- Coffee can raise cholesterol, but reduces risk of Alzheimer's and heart disease.
- Tea (besides white and green tea) actually stains your teeth more than coffee.
- The best tea to drink is white and green tea.
- Green tea is good for your teeth.
- Coffee contains antioxidants, but drink moderately.
- Coffee is good for you, until you add the cream and sugar.
- Peppermint tea is good for stomach aches and headaches.
Benefits of Each:
- Green Tea: antioxidants that help prevent multiple cancers (including bladder, breast, lung, stomach, pancreatic, and colorectal cancer.) It also helps prevent arteries from clogging/stroke, improves cholesterol, helps your metabolism/fat burning, decreases stress, and decreases the risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases.
- White Tea: Uncured and unfermented. One study showed that white tea has the most potent anticancer properties compared to more processed teas.
- Peppermint Tea: treats irritable bowel syndrome, eases nausea and vomiting, improves digestion and reduce heartburn, dissolves gallstones, controls flatulence and diverticular disorders, fights bad breath, controls muscle aches and chronic pain, clears congestion and cough related to colds and allergies, controls mild asthma, and fights stress.
- Coffee: reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, and Dementia. It also reduces the risk of liver cancer, heart rhythm problems, and strokes.